Monday, March 21, 2011

A ruffled addiction



a beach cottage


I was inspired to learn how to make these...


They're something different to decorate with for Oliver's first birthday party... which is just a good excuse to make them.
Since I had never made them before, this video helped me learn how.

A warning of CAUTION before you attempt this project - it is highly addictive... you might not be able to stop making them.

Here's the how to...

1.  Gather your supplies.
  • tissue paper
  • scissors
  • stapler with staples



2.  Spread out 8 - 10 sheets of tissue paper - I personally prefer 10.


3.  Fold it accordion style.  Staple at the centre.


4.  Cut the ends into a rounded shape.


5.  Spread out.


6.  Gently pull each sheet towards the middle.  First on the one side...


...then on the other side.


Repeat until you've pulled up 5 on each side (if you're using 10 sheets - 4 on each side if you're using 8 sheets).



7.  Flip over...



...and repeat on this side.


8.  Fluff and primp until you're satisfied.


They're just so lovely...



Light, airy, dreamy ruffles...


Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.